Instagram

June 13, 2015

Express Sincerity


I learned about Sincerity's chicken from my mom who is notorious for not being fond of chicken. A friend made her try it, and trust me, if there's a chicken dish out there that my mom likes, it really must be darn good. Fortunately, Sincerity recently opened a stall at the Robinsons Magnolia food court so I could finally try it without having to go to Binondo. The long line of people that you'll always find at their store is very reassuring that their chicken is truly worth-trying.

You can order either half or whole chicken, but we just had half since my Dad, sister and I just wanted to try it. We were actually pleasantly surprised by how generous the half order is -- easily good enough for three people. At first glance, their chicken doesn't look like your typical fried chicken. They don't just use the prime cuts such as the thigh, drumstick, and wings which are normally used because these dark meats have the most flavor. They use every single cut of the chicken which is really impressive because they manage to make even the parts that are usually discarded taste so delicious. I mean, it's difficult to make white meat flavorful but they can make it taste the same as the dark meat parts.

Speaking of flavor, whenever I eat fried chicken, I already have an expectation as to how it will taste like since they don't really differ much from each other. However, when I tasted Sincerity's chicken, I couldn't quite put a finger on what ingredients were used to flavor it. Whenever this happens, I get excited because I know I'm eating something unique (and most of the time, delicious). It definitely has an Asian flavor, and not your typical American friend chicken. It has a subtle sweetness, and I think there's a little bit of ginger as well (but I could be wrong). Anyway, however they flavored this, it's so good that they don't even serve it with a dipping sauce or gravy because it's that tasty on its own. The breading is crispy while the meat on the inside is tender and juicy. It's easily one of the best fried chicken dishes I've had.

Aside from their chicken, we also ordered their Kikiam. Unlike other kikiams that use ground pork, you can see that they use tender slices of pork. My favorite bits are the ends because the bean curd sheet there gets extra crispy while for the rest of the dish, the wrapper has a nice crispy, chewy consistency. It's served with a sweet-spicy gravy-like sauce that compliments the dish well. 

I love trying out new dishes all the time, but it's not everyday that I find something that is so delicious that it makes me excited to recommend it. Sincerity, however, is one of those places that makes me so happy to share this food discovery with everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment