Instagram

November 27, 2014

Cafe Shibuya


Whenever I think of a cafe, what instantly comes to my mind is cake and coffee. Toast is something I normally classify as a breakfast food, so when we saw a cafe that specializes on toast as their primary dessert, we thought it was worth giving a shot.


After having dinner at Shrimp Bucket (read my blog post about it here) in UP Town Center, my friends and I decided to grab some dessert at Cafe Shibuya. It was already pretty late at night and I was getting sleepy so I couldn't be bothered to go around the cafe to take pictures. As I'm writing this blog post now, I totally regret that I didn't because I couldn't show you how cute and cozy the place was. The walls are decorated with colorful chalk-like calligraphy, and they even had light fixtures made with mason jars.

While I regret not taking photos, I certainly don't regret trying their toasts. My boyfriend Martin and I shared a baby (yes, they call their small serving "baby") Original Shibuya Honey Toast (P145). First of all, this is not your typical thinly sliced french toast. The bread is so thick that we were actually joking that it's almost half a loaf! However, don't be intimidated by it's size. You won't be stuffed on bread because once you cut it, the inside is actually very soft and fluffy. I like the outer part more because it has a subtle crust giving a contrasting texture. The toast alone isn't too flavorful but the vanilla ice cream and honey drizzled on top definitely adds just the right amount of sweetness to it.  

I also got to try the Mango Caramel and Banoffee flavors since my friends ordered those and they were equally as good especially if you have more of a sweet tooth. To wash down the toasts, Cafe Shibuya also offers some unique drinks such as the Premium Dark Chocolate Latte and Matcha Green Tea Latte which we both had to cap of a chilly night.

No comments:

Post a Comment