Instagram

December 4, 2014

Ramen Nagi Greenbelt 3 Opening


If you've read my recent blog post about Ramen Nagi (you can read it here), you know how I have expressed my genuine love for it. Their ramens are so incredibly good that I didn't even know how to begin to describe them. Which is why I was ecstatic when I got an invite to the opening of their 6th branch in Greenbelt 3.


The Ramen Nagi branch at the 2nd Level of Greenbelt 3 was jam-packed during its opening night, and was not short of celebrities. Personalities such as Gerald Anderson, Liz Uy, and Tim Yap, to name a few, were there for the ribbon cutting. It was so fun because I got to tag along my boyfriend, Martin, who was more excited than I was because if there's anyone who loves Ramen Nagi even more than I do, it's him. 


What's great about Ramen Nagi is that you can completely customize your ramen -- from choosing the levels of the richness of the broth, garlic flavor, cut of pork, down to the firmness of your noodles.  There's also an assortment of condiments available on your table if you want to season your ramen more. I, however, went for the Chef's Recommendation option because after tasting how good these ramen are, I do not want to mess with how they're supposed to taste. 


I've already tried the Butao and the Red King -- both of which were amazing, so it was time for me to try the Black King which has intrigued me ever since I've heard about it. It has a pork bone broth that's dyed with squid ink. Now, I know it's not everyday you're served a bowl of jet-black soup but don't be intimidated by it. I was a bit scared of how strong the squid ink flavor will be, but what you'll taste is more of the pork flavor. The squid ink just adds a bit of richness and earthiness to the broth, and a very cool modern look. I also love how it's has a very strong toasted garlic flavor. I added tamago because why wouldn't you add that beautiful creamy, soft yolk to your noodles? Again, I could go on and on attempting to describe this dish but their ramens are just on a whole other level of deliciousness that you just have to try it for yourself to understand why I can't stop raving about them. 


Martin, who is such a Ramen Nagi fan and has already tried all the four signature ramens went for something different and ordered the ramen with a fish broth. It's lighter compared to the others, and is perfect for those who love seafood flavor. Trust me, he enjoyed it so much I could barely talk to him because his face was just shoved in his ramen until he finished it.


As if we weren't full enough from the generous servings of ramen, we also got to try their side dishes. I loved the Chicken Karaage which was seasoned and deep fried to perfection -- juicy on the inside, with a thin, crunchy crust on the outside. Their gyoza was equally as good. The wrapper is seared to get a chewy texture, and the filling is so meaty with the vegetables adding a nice freshness to the dish.


Aside from the awesome food, all the staff are so friendly and attentive, that it just makes your whole dining experience even better. The waiters were even giving me tips as to how to eat the ramen properly to get maximum flavor. I also got to meet their executive chef, chef Mark whom I just had to personally commend for doing a job well done. Seriously, everything was unbelievably delicious!


It's only been a few days since the opening and I literally cannot stop thinking about wanting to have Ramen Nagi again. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend that you do. Whether you want to try Ramen Nagi for the first or you just want to satisfy your ramen craving, if you are in the Makati area,  their Greenbelt 3 branch just makes it so much easier for you to get your hands on these big bowls of sheer deliciousness.

Thanks to Ramen Nagi for inviting me to your Greenbelt 3 branch opening!

Ramen Nagi
2/L Greenbelt 3
Makati City

Other branches:
SM Aura
SM MOA
SM North Edsa
Robinsons Magnolia
Robinsons Place Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment