Instagram

May 9, 2015

Green Pastures


Just say the words "organic" and "healthy" about a restaurant, and Martin and I would probably already by sprinting our way there even before you could finish your sentence. As much as I love indulging on burgers and fried chicken, lately, I find myself craving for healthier meals more. I guess you could say I've been searching for greener pastures when it comes to restaurants I eat at.

Martin and I were in Eastwood, undecided where we were going to eat, when we thought of going to the concierge to check out their list of restaurants. Their concierge kindly told us about their newly opened restaurants, and the first thing she mentioned was Green Pastures which serves organic dishes. Upon hearing that, we knew we definitely wanted to try it out.

For starters, we had their Organic Mushrooms Toast which has sous vide egg, house made ricotta, and caciocavallo cheese. I love mushrooms and it was great being served a dish made with fresh mushrooms and not the button mushrooms from a can. The mushrooms had a firm and chewy consistency, and had an earthy flavor that was balanced out by the creaminess of the cheese. The toast had a nice crust that was the perfect bed especially when the yolk of the sous vide egg started oozing all over the mushrooms. If you love mushrooms, you will definitely enjoy this dish!

For pasta, we had the All'amatriciana which is made with buccatini pasta, housemade passato, pancetta, red onions, chili flakes, and pecorino. To be honest, I was a little bit disappointed with the pasta sauce because it was a little too sweet for my liking. It reminded me of Filipino style spaghetti that's sweet rather than Italian style which has the fresh, sour taste of the tomatoes. If you're into the sweet pasta though, then you'll probably like this dish. However, I loved the pancetta that was served on top of it. The saltiness of the pancetta contrasted the sweetness of the sauce, and it was cooked crisp, just the way I like it. I would order this just to munch on the pancetta.

While I was a bit underwhelmed by the pasta, I still absolutely love Green Pasture's concept of being an organic, farm-to-table restaurant that uses locally-sourced produce. They have so many other dishes on their menu that I'm excited to try so I'll definitely be coming back. If you're looking for honest-to-goodness, delicious food, make sure to check them out!

Green Pastures
Third Floor, Eastwood Mall
Libis Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment