Instagram

May 5, 2015

Ramen Nagi Podium Branch Opening


This is the third post I've done about Ramen Nagi which is a big thing for my blog because I seldom post more than once about a restaurant. Posting thrice about something means I absolutely love the place and its food. Lucky for me, I was recently invited to the opening of Ramen Nagi's Podium Branch with my sister, Darryl, where I got to try their new Limited Red Miso King.


Ramen Nagi's Podium branch, located at the ground floor, is their eight branch which is really impressive considering how competitive the restaurant business is right now. But if anything, it's good news to us, especially to those in the Ortigas area because a new branch means getting your noodle fix is now even more accessible. Also, for every branch that they open, you'll find a Daruma which is a traditional Japanese doll that serves as a symbol of perseverance of good luck. I just had to put it out there that I got so excited when I saw that they had a Captain America one for their Podium branch!


I've already tried three out of their four signature ramens (Butao, Black King and Red King) so this time, I thought I'd go for something new. Fortunately, they have a new Limited King which is the Limited Red Miso King. It has their classic tonkotsu broth but is infused with tomato, red miso and 13 secret spices. 

One sip of the broth and I already knew I was going to like it. I has the same rich, flavorful broth as the Butao but it also has a well-balanced sweet and tangy flavor from the tomatoes and miso. What I love most about it is that it's spicy because of the thirteen secret spices, but it's not as intense as the Red King which might be a little intimidating for some people. It was sort of like if the Butao and the Red King had a beautiful, complex-flavored child, it would be this. They change up their Limited King offerings so head on over to your nearest branch and try this while it's still available.


Of course, I couldn't have my ramen without adding some tamago (soft-boiled egg) because aside from the satisfying feeling of seeing the soft yolk run into the noodles, I find that it really makes a difference in terms of making your ramen richer and creamier. I also had some additional seaweed because it just adds a unique, exotic flavor to the dish, as well as a chewy texture when it gets soaked in the broth. I shared my seaweed to my sister who expressed her love for it by saying to me, "Ordering the seaweed was a great idea!"


Speaking of my sister, she ordered the Butao because she prefers simple and classic flavors, but decided to have cabbage put in instead of the usual green onions. It was my first time having cabbage in ramen, and while the green onion adds more flavor, I find that the cabbage gives a nice crunchiness to the dish.


My sister and I definitely had a great time at the opening not just because of the great food but also because, as always, the staff were so friendly and attentive. If you ever find yourself in the Ortigas area, make sure to check out Ramen Nagi in Podium!

Also, check out my previous blog posts about their branches in Robinsons Magnolia and Greenbelt 3 (which you can read here and here) to find out more about Ramen Nagi! Check out my vlog below to see more of my experience during the opening!


Ramen Nagi
G/L Podium Mall
Mandaluyong City

Other branches:
SM Aura
SM MOA
SM North Edsa
Robinsons Magnolia
Robinsons Place Manila
Greenbelt 3
UP Town Center

No comments:

Post a Comment