Instagram

December 8, 2016

Back in Berlin


The last time I was in Berlin was in 2010 when I hosted the Ms. Philippines-Germany Goodwill Ambassador pageant. I was only in Germany for a little more than a week but Berlin meant so much to me because it was my first experience of Europe. I remember I was literally crying tears of joy when I saw the Brandenburg Gate in person because it meant my dream of going to Europe finally came true. A few weeks before I left, I just saw it in a travel show on television, and now, I was standing right in front of it.

I cherished that trip thinking that it was a once in a life time moment so when I was so excited when I found out Berlin was once again part of our itinerary. We were only there for two days to meet with the winners of the pageant. Since I've been there before, it was fun now acting as the tour guide for our other companions. We just had enough time to visit the major tourist attractions like the Brandenburg Gate, Holocaust Memorial, and the Berlin Wall at Potsdamer Platz but familiarity of the streets, riding the S-Bahn, and even of eating currywursts oddly but pleasantly felt like coming home for me. As cheesy as it may sound, Berlin will always have a special place in my heart.

Check out my Berlin vlog below to see more of our trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment