Instagram

February 6, 2017

Tips For Quick Everyday Makeup


As much as we would like to leisurely do our makeup everyday, it can be pretty time consuming especially when we're busy or in a rush. However, just because you only have a few minutes to do your makeup doesn't mean you can't look put together. Here are some of my tips on how you can do a quick makeup look.

1. Use a light base. When I'm in a rush to do my make up, the last thing I want to do is to spend a lot of time blending my foundation and setting it. I usually stick to powder foundation because it's easier and faster to apply. I also want to keep my base feeling light especially if I know I'm just going to be doing some quick errands so powder is great because it simply mattifies and evens out your complexion. If you're not comfortable going out wearing just powder on your face, you can go for a lighter liquid base like a BB cream or tinted moisturizer.

2. Groom your brows. If I were to be honest, my quick everyday makeup look would literally be me just doing my brows and heading straight out the door. If you can only do one makeup step, try doing your brows. Just fill in any sparse areas, and set them in place. Trust me, even just brushing through your brows can make a huge difference in framing your face and making you look more put together.

3. Add some color to your cheeks. Next to doing my brows, putting on bronzer is my second favorite makeup step. I love how it instantly defines and warms up my face. Then I add a little bit of blush to add some life to my face. Some people prefer using either just bronzer or blush which is completely fine. The main point is just to bring back some color to your face which your base would have probably washed out.

4. Skip eye makeup. C'mon, you already went for a powder base to save yourself time from blending, are you really going to spend your precious minutes blending eyeshadows or trying to make your winged eyeliner even? I normally skip eye makeup altogether because I just can't be bothered to do it but if you really want to do something with your eyes, you can go ahead and put on a couple coats of mascara because I know some girls definitely love that extra volume and length on their lashes.

5. Try a bold lip. While I often use the same products for my face, I love changing things up when it comes to my lips. From matte to glossy, pink to nude, the options are endless. However, when I want to make a statement, I go for a bold matte red lip. It just takes a few seconds to apply (way faster than doing a smokey eye or a winged liner) but it definitely gives a lot of impact, and it makes it seem like you put more effort into your makeup than you actually did.

I hope these tips encouraged you to do your makeup even though you only have a few minutes to spare. Check out my video below to see how I actually do my quick everyday makeup!


No comments:

Post a Comment