Instagram

February 11, 2017

My Three Ingredient Go-To Salad Dressing


I have to say, I have been very good about incorporating some healthy food into my diet lately. One of my favorite ways to eat more vegetables is through salads because they're easy to make, and the combinations you can create are endless. While my favorite salad dressing is hands down Caesar, I've been whipping up a healthier alternative. The best thing about it is that you only need three simple ingredients.

My go-to salad dressing lately has been simply mixing together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and grated parmesan cheese. I don't have exact measurements because I just make it according to my taste but I do like it quite tangy from the flavor of the balsamic vinegar. I also love dipping some chewy, crusty bread in it which is a common practice you'll find in some Italian restaurants.

For the toppings, one trick I do is I just buy some non-sugary trail mix with a varied mix of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, and I sprinkle that on top of my salad. It will make your life easier instead of buying the different components individually. Of course, aside from the trail mix, you can add other vegetables and fruits that you want.

I am so addicted to this salad dressing and it has made preparing a quick and light meal so much easier for me. When you get your hands on these three ingredients, go try it for yourself and you might just love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment