Instagram

October 31, 2013

Casa Verde is Now In Manila!

My friends could probably tell how excited I was upon seeing Casa Verde by how fast I ran towards them (in an unathletic, girly manner) to tell them we should eat there. It was our first time in U.P. Town Center (which I blogged about here) and with so many restaurants that were so tempting to try, we took our time going around, checking every single restaurant before we would finally decide. While walking, I noticed with my peripheral vision a familiar green logo. I left the pack to go check it out and lo and behold, it was Casa Verde!


Casa Verde is a famous restaurant which previously only had branches in Cebu that serves classic American comfort food. I was lucky enough that I was able to go to Cebu early this year for work which gave me the chance to try this awesome restaurant. I blogged about Casa Verde before and I said that I would seriously go back to Cebu just for this restaurant. What do you know, now I don't have to because it's finally here!


While a lot of the restaurants were pretty empty despite how enthusiastic their servers were in inviting people to try them out, Casa Verde was jam-packed. Since they've only been open for less than a month, some of their dishes (and service water) were still unavailable but that didn't stop people from coming.


It's a good thing though that their famous best-seller, Brian's Ribs was available. I would have been so heartbroken if it wasn't. If you eat in Casa Verde, it would be a sin not to try this ribs. It's so good and so affordable. One order which is already good for two people is just around P250. And it is so delicious. I was never really a fan of ribs because I don't like sweet food but this has the right balance of sweet and tangy. Although the meat was tougher and drier than the one I had in Cebu, it still tasted like the original. 


To go with our ribs, we also ordered their Southwest Pasta. It's penne pasta tossed in alfredo sauce, with chicken, bell peppers and onions. I love this dish! Even though it has a cream-based sauce, it was surprisingly light which only means you can eat more of it (and trust me, you will). The flavors of the bell peppers and onions were also a great contrast to the richness of the sauce. I could have finished this whole plate if only I didn't have too much of the ribs (and of course I had to share it with my friends). 

There's so much more on the menu that I'm so excited to try at Casa Verde and I'm so happy I don't have to take a plane anymore to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment