Instagram

October 26, 2013

Noodle Boss

Colder days have arrived and there's nothing like a hot bowl of noodles to warm you up. The idea of slurping some hot ramen seemed appealing one rainy lunch time so I found myself in the Japanese restaurant, Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss.



Aside from the typical array of Japanese favorites that you'll find there, their specialty is their ramen. If Italians like their pasta al dente, the Japanese also have their own version of that called koshi wherein the noodles are firm and chewy, and not soggy. Moshi Koshi is so passionate about koshi that their make their noodles fresh everyday. 


I ordered one of their best sellers, the Shio Butter Corn which has a salt-based broth -- perfect for those who like their food simple. I also ordered additional Aji Tamago which is Japanese soft boiled egg.


 I liked how there was a contrast of textures between the chewy noodles, crunchy corn, tender pork and melt-in-your-mouth soft egg. The butter adds a subtle saltiness that is different from the salt flavor in the broth. 


Though I've had better ramen, this one was not bad at all. I can say that they really live up to their name when it comes to their koshi noodles. They definitely know how to make noodles... like a bawse!

No comments:

Post a Comment