Instagram

January 27, 2014

Mad Mark's Creamery and Good Eats


Mad Mark’s Creamery and Good Eats in Kapitolyo, Pasig serves honest-to-goodness, delicious food. It’s a place that you come back to not because of a fancy ambiance or some cool gimmick. You go there simply because the food is just so darn delicious! Specializing on steak, sandwiches, and ice cream, their food is the kind that after taking your first bite, you suddenly just shut up and all that comes after are a series of moans expressing how pleased you are with it.




Since it's not everyday that you find a hole-in-the-wall place to get steak, we decided to order that. The steak is cooked perfectly pink and you can definitely tell how high the quality of the meat is because of its juiciness and tenderness. It was so juicy that halfway through eating my steak, my gravy already turned pink from all the meat juice. I also didn’t exert much effort slicing the meat because it was so tender. And what’s even more amazing about it is that you really get a bang for your buck. This whole plate of food was just P195! Seriously, where can you find great steak for less than P200 (not to mention the two sides that come with it)?

Speaking of sides, I had their recommended sides which are the Bacon Potato Salad and Garden Grains. As cliché as meat and potatoes sound like, the two really are a match made in heaven. The potatoes are very chunky and are not overpowered by the dressing. The Garden Grains, on the other hand, is basically fried rice with some bell peppers and carrots. I really like how subtle the flavors of the sides are because it really highlights the fact that the star of the plate is the steak.


There are several choices for your steak sauce – Bootstrap, Cream Mushroom, and Ragin' Cajun. I had the Cream Mushroom, and it’s definitely none of that canned or powdered cream of mushroom stuff. It’s the steak and gravy combination that is a classic – buttery, tender meat smothered with rich, creamy gravy.


Martin had the Bootstrap Steak Sauce which is the restaurant’s must try sauce. It has the sweet and tangy flavor combination that barbeque sauce has but it’s a lot thinner in consistency. It has a unique flavor which tastes like a mix of balsamic vinegar and wine (though I don’t know if these two are actual ingredients). Definitely a must try if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, but I still like my creamy mushroom sauce better.


My friends Julia and Julius had the chicken dishes which are just as good as their steaks. As simple as it seems, it’s not actually easy cooking chicken well (having the right balance of tenderness and doneness) but their chicken was very soft and tasty without being undercooked.

Since Mad Mark’s is also a creamery, we certainly couldn’t pass up on dessert. While choosing steak as our entree was a no-brainer, deciding what ice cream flavor to order was a different story. With so many unique and mouth-watering flavors to choose from, how could you pick just one? It’s a good thing you can have a free tasting of their ice creams first to help you decide what you want (although realizing how delicious each flavor actually is may just make it more difficult to decide).


But at last, we finally came to a decision and got the Banana Foster which is banana with salted caramel and Walnut Cinnamon. Now, I don’t usually give ultimatums when it comes to my food reviews but I’m going to be pretty bold here in saying that the Walnut Cinnamon is probably the best ice cream I’ve ever had! I don’t know if it’s just because I’m a big fan of those two flavors but it feels like a comforting hug in a scoop. It kinda tastes like sweet, milky oatmeal or cereal flavored with cinnamon but tastes exponentially better. I could rave about this ice cream all day but let’s just say I loved it so much I jokingly asked my boyfriend to get me a pint of that ice cream instead of a cake for my birthday.


With so many restaurants capitalizing on cool interiors, impressive location and unique concepts, Mad Mark’s proves that when it comes to the restaurant business, it just all boils down to really, really good food. 


Mad Mark's Creamery and Good Eats
23 East Capitol Drive
Kapitolyo, Pasig

No comments:

Post a Comment