Instagram

January 31, 2014

Bite Size: North Park Special Toasted Noodles


Happy Chinese New Year! Since it is somehow a new year, I want to start something new on my blog. I usually do restaurant reviews here, but sometimes I just really want to talk about a certain food, and not necessarily the whole restaurant. So, I’m starting this series called Bite Size. It’s basically a series of short, “easy to digest” posts about food that I want to do a review on, and recommend.

In the spirit of Chinese New Year, I'm kicking off this series with one of my favorite noodles -- the North Park Special Toasted Noodles. It looks like a bird's nest of crispy noodles cradling a generous amount of vegetables, mushrooms, pork, and fish with a thick, savory sauce. It looks a bit intimidating because of the volume of noodles but you simply mix everything together, and the sauce softens up the noodles. Aside from how tasty the sauce is, the best part definitely has to be the texture of the noodles. It's crispy but once it mixes with the sauce, it becomes so chewy giving it the perfect soft-on-the-outside-firm-on-the-inside texture. 

If you're looking for noodles to serve this Chinese New Year, I definitely recommend this one. Kung Hei Fat Choi!

No comments:

Post a Comment