Instagram

February 23, 2014

Bite Size: Bigoli's Italian Chicken with Pesto


I love chicken. Fried, steamed, roasted, barbecued – as long as it’s chicken, I’ll eat it. Not all chicken dishes are created alike, though. As much as I love any possible way one can cook chicken, there are some that are just at the top of my favorites list. One of my all time favorite chicken dishes has to be Bigoli’s Italian Chicken. I love it so much that whenever I’m in Trinoma, I literally always eat at Bigoli just because of their chicken.

Aside from the obvious fact that it’s just so darn delicious, one of the reasons why I love it is because I can’t quite put a finger on how it’s cooked. I’m not even sure of what ingredients are used (and I’m someone who can easily dissect a dish’s anatomy and flavors). It will always be a mystery to me how they manage to keep the chicken meat so juicy and tender, but the sauce-drenched skin so crispy. Yes, the skin is sauce-drenched but it’s crispy. The textures are just so perfectly balanced. The meat on its own is flavorful and well-seasoned, but then you have this sauce (I think it’s tomato based) that’s tangy, salty, and a bit spicy all at the same time. That description doesn’t even give the sauce justice but I just don’t know how to describe it. It’s just so damn good!

You have the option of having your chicken with Italian Rice or pasta (red, white or pesto). If you know me, you know pesto has to be my favorite kind of pasta sauce. Bigoli’s pesto is just as good as their chicken that I always have my chicken with their pesto. The pasta is al dente, and it's not too oily. And as if that’s not good enough, aside from their generous serving, all their pasta dishes come with unlimited bread sticks which should come as no surprise, are actually also delicious. I assure you, there’s a reason why this has become one of my all time favorite dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment