Instagram

February 5, 2015

Lugang Café


I don't think I will ever get over my fascination with Xiao Long Bao. Even after having trying these little gems several times already, I still find it so cool that this dumpling-like dish has soup inside. Martin wanted to try Lugang Café, and since I'm a lover of dim sum myself, it didn't take much convincing for me to say yes to having lunch there.


Lugang Café's impressive interior design is unlike your usual Chinese restaurant. The prominent use of glass and metallic details give the place a very classy vibe that's modern and sophisticated. 


Ordering was a no-brainer since we knew we wanted to have dim sum, and their Xiao Long Bao was the first thing on our list. When you puncture the chewy wrapper and the light, gingery broth starts gushing into your mouth, the feeling is just magical. Then, there's the steamed pork inside that's so moist and delicious that I just pop the whole thing in my mouth after dipping it in some vinegar with ginger. If you have never tried Xiao Long Bao, do yourself a favor and have some. 


We also ordered the Vegetarian Dumplings with Truffle Oil which I surprisingly really enjoyed. I usually like my dumplings with some pork, but despite these being vegetarian, I couldn't have enough. The vegetables inside were so fresh that they almost seemed raw (in a good way), and the truffle oil gives it a beautiful earthy flavor. I really liked these a lot!

Finally, we also has some Shrimp and Pork Shiao Mai which is quite similar to the Xiao Long Bao because it also has some broth inside it, but has a little something extra because it's topped off with shrimp.

If you're in the mood for some dim sum, try Lugang Cafe, and next thing you know those bamboo steamers will just keep on piling up on your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment