Instagram

February 15, 2015

The Wholesome Table


Hey guys! How did your Valentine's Day go? I hope you had a lovely time whether you spent it with you special someone, with friends, or having some me time (definitely nothing wrong with that). Well, for me and Martin, we spent the day as we typically do when we're together -- basically going out and eating somewhere. 


I actually didn't know what Martin had planned because he didn't want to tell me anything aside from the fact that we were going to BGC. When we got there, he led me to the cinema, and we watched Fifty Shades of Grey (as I'm sure a lot of couples did on Valentine's Day). 

Anyway, after watching a movie, he then led me to The Wholesome Table for some late lunch. I found it very sweet that he actually made a reservation there for us because I've been wanting to try that restaurant for a while now. It's funny though that I sort of already knew that we were going there for Valentine's because he asked me where exactly that was just a few days before. Still, it's the thought that counts.

The Wholesome Table surely did not disappoint my expectations. From the name itself, it's a place that serves organic, healthy food which is something that we love. Aside from being organic, all their produce are sustainable, local and pesticide-free -- basically all the good stuff. I also like the fact that there are legends on their menu such as "Nut-Free," "Vegetarian," "Gluten-Free" which are really helpful for people with allergies or following a specific diet. Aside from the whole concept (which I think is just genius), I loved the very earthy and rustic interiors of the place. It's like being inside a barn but in the poshest way possible.

We decided to keep things light so we just shared the Wholesome Salad and Classic Pesto. The Wholesome Salad has watermelon, onions, sunflower seeds, cheese, and cucumber, and is tossed in a sherry vinegar dressing with honey and extra virgin olive oil. This salad is so refreshing because of the watermelon, and I loved the sweet and tangy dressing. It's so good! They also serve complimentary potato bread rolls which are amazing! They're so soft and warm, but has a nice chewiness to it. I could eat their bread everyday!

The Classic Pesto is grilled free-range chicken fillet sauteed in a creamy pesto sauce pasta with sundried tomatoes. The pesto pasta was so rich but was very clean-tasting. Even though they were generous with the olive oil, you don't get the oily aftertaste and feel in your mouth. I also love that they threw in some sundried tomatoes because it adds a sweet-tangy flavor to the dish. I absolutely loved everything, and I really want to go back to try the other dishes! I highly recommend that you try The Wholesome Table as well.

After eating, Martin and I just got some coffee and walked around BGC more. We then drove home while jamming to the the Fifty Shades sound track. So that's how we spent our Valentine's Day. I hope you all had a great day as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment