Instagram

January 4, 2017

Feel Good Food at Chimara



For most of us, the start of the year is the time that we feel the most enthusiastic about having a healthier lifestyle. Almost everyone's new year's resolutions include eating healthier and exercising. As much as I enjoyed stuffing my face with all the delicious holiday food, all the meat and sweets definitely put a toll on my body. Even before the Christmas season ended, my body was already desperately screaming for some refreshing greens. When I was searching for a place to eat at in UP Town Center on Zomato, seeing the word healthy next Chimara made it the easy choice to have dinner at with Martin.

Chimara's food is mostly plant-based, having just chicken, tuna, faux beef, and tuna as their proteins. You can either choose from their Hot and Savory meals, and have it either as a panini, rice meal, or pasta. They also have their Cold and Fresh meals which you can have as a salad or a wrap. 

I was really craving for some salad so for starters we had their Asian Sesame Tofu Salad which comes with fresh sesame tofu slices, carrots, beetroot, snow peas, apple, tofu chips, lettuce, and is served with creamy sesame dressing. Salads with a sesame dressing is one of my favorites so this was right up my street. I loved how crisp and fresh the veggies were, as well as the crunch of the sesame seeds on the tofu. I like mixing fruits in salads, and the apples added a subtle sweetness to the salad.

Martin had the Tofu Cheese Pesto Pasta which I was also eyeing on, and I was so happy that he ordered it. If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'll know that I have a love affair with anything pesto, especially with pasta. The highlight of the dish is of course, the cheesy tofu. The creamy slabs of tofu topped with some grated cheese seriously fools your mind into thinking that you're eating huge chunks of cheese with your pasta. 

Speaking of fooling your mind, I had their faux beef salpicao which tasted just as good as the real deal. The faux beef has the same meatiness of real beef but has a neutral taste that allows it to absorb the savory, garlic flavor of the sauce. I think even notorious meat lovers would enjoy this dish. It's served with brown rice which is better than white rice. It's a rice meal that doesn't make you feel deprived taste-wise, but is definitely healthier for you. 

We also had a pitcher of their I am Calm Juice Infusion which was incredible! It's a mixture of apple, carrot, and ginger which are all flavors that I love in a drink. It was so refreshing, and I loved the spicy kick of the ginger.

Chimara's food is intended to make you feel good, and based from the meal that we had, it left us feeling amazing! It's another one of those restaurants that changes the misconception that eating healthy is bland and boring. Jump start your health journey this year with some good food from Chimara!  

No comments:

Post a Comment