Instagram

January 28, 2017

Turmeric Latte

The thought of mixing ginger and milk in a drink doesn't sound appetizing, which is why I was sceptical about trying turmeric latte, thinking it might taste gross. However, my curiosity and desire to nourish my body with healthy food pushed me to try it anyway. I'm so glad that I did because turmeric latte has become one of my favorite warm drinks! It's such a rich, spicy, comforting drink similar to that of a chai latte that's perfect for cozying up on cold days.

Not only is it delicious, you also get all the amazing health benefits of turmeric. It's anti-inflammatory, an anti-oxidant, helps prevent cancer, lowers risk of diabetes, and lowers cholesterol just to name a few. I started taking it primarily for my stomach issues because it improves digestion and helps heal stomach ulcers since I have hyperacidity. You can google the benefits of turmeric and see if it can address some of your health issues, but even if you don't have any symptoms to address, taking it will still help improve your overall wellness.

To make it, I just boil a cup of non-dairy milk (almond or soy milk), and add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. You can adjust this according to your taste. You can even search for some variations if you want to experiment with different flavors.

Now, excuse me while I go and fix myself a cup. Go try it for yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment