Instagram

June 18, 2014

Craft Coffee Revolution


For some, coffee is simply a caffeine source for early mornings or all-nighters. For me, it's love. Fortunately, more and more coffee shops are opening up, and are treating coffee not just a beverage, but as a craft.






Craft Coffee Revolution is one of the first Third Wave Coffee Shops to open in the Philippines, which are dedicated to creating artisanal coffee. Starting from sourcing beans down to serving your coffee at the right temperature, every step is meticulously done to create the perfect cup.





My Dad (from whom I got my love of coffee from) and I had coffee together one afternoon, and we thought it was the perfect opportunity to try Craft Coffee Revolution. They currently have three branches (two of which are in Katipunan and Podium), but their first one (and the one we got to visit) is their Broadway branch. The space is small but cozy, which is great for meeting up with friends or having a nice, quiet time alone. I love how the interior design is very rustic with the wood furniture, but the industrial light fixtures give it a modern twist. While you can grab a table, a seat by the bar will provide you with a good view of their award-winning baristas crafting their signature drinks.


Speaking of drinks, I had their Flat White (P140) which is somehow similar to a cappucino, but with higher coffee to milk ratio, and a more velvety than dry milk foam. One sip and I knew that this definitely wasn't like my regular cup of coffee. The flavor is strong and bold, but is balanced out by the richness of the milk. One of the best cups of coffee I've ever had! 


My Dad had the Piccolo Latte (P120), which as the name suggests, is basically a small latte. I actually got all giddy when I saw this because I just love latte art! It's stronger than my flat white, which I enjoyed since I like my coffee strong. Seriously, best cups of coffee I've ever had!


I've been a coffee lover for such a long time now, but experiencing it in a place that's passionate about serving the best cup of coffee possible made me appreciate it even more. 


Craft Coffee Revolution
66 B Broadway Ave.,
New Manila, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment