Instagram

June 3, 2014

Bayani Brew


Whenever I used to eat out before, my drink of choice would always be iced tea. However, after realizing that most iced teas served in restaurants just come from powder or concentrate mixes which are loaded with sugar, I stopped drinking them (you should too). Since I don't have these sugary drinks anymore, I'm always interested to find delicious but healthy drink alternatives, and I found one that even makes you a hero when you drink it.


Bayani Brew is an all-nutritious, all-delicious, and all-Filipino iced tea which I first encountered when I ate at Enchanted Farm Cafe (you can read my posts about it here and here). There are so many wonderful things to say about this drink so let's just go at it one at a time.


It's all nutritious because it's rich in vitamins and antioxidants that are good for you. Aside from that, it uses local ingredients from the Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm where they grow produce in the most natural way as possible. 

It comes in two delicious flavors which are Classic Lemongrass and Purple Leaf. The Classic Lemongrass is made with lemongrass and pandan, and is a bit sweeter than the Purple Leaf. Now, I know drinking iced tea made out of Purple Leaf (kamote tops) may seem odd but it tastes really good. It has a unique, earthy flavor that you won't find in other drinks. I actually prefer this over the Classic Lemongrass one because it's not as sweet, but both are absolutely delicious and refreshing!


I also love that it's all-Filipino since the ingredients used to make it come from the Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm in Bulacan. Producing Bayani Brew actually provides sustainable livelihood outside the metro for relocated settlers.

Bayani Brew seriously has everything you could want in a drink! Who knew you can be a hero in your own little way by simply drinking iced tea? 

No comments:

Post a Comment