Instagram

March 5, 2017

The Perfect "My Nails But Better" Nail Polish


When it comes to nail polish, I've probably tried most colors available because there was a time when I would regularly change my nail polish weekly. I've always been a fan of the classic red nails, or just bright colors in general when it comes to my nail color. However, I've been seeing a lot of bloggers sporting nude nails lately, and I've suddenly had the urge to try them out for myself. 

I used to never be a fan of sheer, light nail polishes because I didn't like it when my actual nail showed through underneath the polish. Everything changed, however, when my sister's friend gave me a bottle of the Sally Hansen nail polish in the shade Shell We Dance. In the bottle, it's such a gorgeous nude, light pink color. When I first applied it, I honestly didn't like it since I was so used to opaque finishes and this was quite sheer. I loved the color but I felt like the finish was too sheer for my liking. After a few weeks, I tried it again because I really didn't want to give up on it since it was such a beautiful color. I think the trick is to apply thin coats, letting the first layer dry first before applying a second later to avoid streaking. That's what I did the second time I tried it and it didn't come out as sheer as before when I applied thicker coats. I am absolutely in love with it, and it's the perfect natural-looking, my nails but better nail polish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment