Instagram

May 24, 2014

Enchanted Farm Cafe Part II


With so many restaurants to try, I usually opt to try something new than go back to a restaurant I've already eaten at. After trying Enchanted Farm Cafe once, I recently went back and actually ate there two days in a row to try the other dished I haven't had yet. That should give you an idea on how much I genuinely love the place! The dishes I included here are just ones I haven't blogged about before (I didn't include the ones I've already written about). If you're curious about their other delicious dishes that I've already tried, go check out my first Enchanted Farm Cafe post (which you can read here).


For starters, I just had to have the kamote fries again. I've seriously been craving it ever since I've had it. I even tried making some at home but it just wasn't the same. I'm guessing it's because the quality of the produce at Enchanted Farm Cafe is just superb. Their kamote fries are naturally so sweet, and are perfectly cooked that it's a bit crunchy and chewy on the outside, but soft and fluffy inside. To go with the fries is a bagoong mayo dip which is so unique! The kamote with the bagoong mayo has a great sweet-salty flavor combination. It also comes with a very fresh salad with their own calamansi vinaigrette.


For salad, we tried their Burong Mangga Salad (fermented mango salad). I thought the mangoes were going to have a very strong fermented flavor, but I was pleasantly surprised that it just had more of a sweet flavor. Martin described it best by saying that it tastes like dried mangoes but it's not dry. The mango strips are actually so plump and juicy. The sweet and tangy dressing was so good that after we finished the vegetables, Martin actually drank everything left in the bowl as if it was mango juice or something. 


For mains, we had their Tomato Basil Pasta. Traditional Italian pasta dishes are all about using only a few ingredients, but making sure they're high quality. That's exactly how they cooked this dish because the tomato sauce tasted so light and fresh! None of that heavy, sweet Filipino-style spaghetti (which I'm honestly not a fan of). It's topped with some tasty chicken, and some creamy cheese which add some saltiness to the dish. 


We also had their Barbecue Chicken which is seriously the best chicken barbecue I've ever had! Normally, chicken cooked on the bone is more flavorful than fillet but this one was really tasty even though it's filleted. I actually like it better because you just keep on popping the chicken bits in your mouth without any hassle. It has the perfect balance of sweet, salty, tangy and spicy. I normally don't like barbecue because I find most are too sweet but this was so good! I also love how it's a bit charred because not only does it give it a smokey flavor, but the sugar also caramelizes and gives it a nice crunchy crust. It's served on a bed of fluffy  brown rice which is healthier than white rice. Since it's more earthy than regular rice, I find it's a good contrast to the very flavorful chicken. It's also served with salted egg from Golden Egg which is so creamy and not too salty. If you can't tell yet, I really loved this dish!


For dessert, we had the Sabanoffee Pie which is basically Banoffee Pie made with the saba variant of bananas. My friends and I each had our first spoonful of this, and there was a moment of silence just trying to appreciate how good it was. Gooey chocolate, buttery graham cracker crumbs, light whipped cream, and sweet, ripe bananas -- what's not to love? For someone who doesn't have a sweet tooth, I absolutely could't get enough of this!

I was in Enchanted Farm Cafe twice in a row, but I would seriously eat there everyday if I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment