Instagram

September 21, 2013

Anniversary Dinner at Wildflour Cafe + Bakery!

Last Wednesday, my boyfriend Martin and I celebrated our first anniversary! My day started out with a surprise video from him which he uploaded on his Youtube channel. It was so funny and witty! (You can watch the video here.) I had no idea what he had planned next for the day but at the end of the video, he gave me a clue that since it's our first anniversary, he's going to take me a place that's going to be a first time for the both of us. He definitely knows me well because that night he took me to a restaurant I've always wanted to try -- Wildflour Cafe + Bakery

Scroll through Instagram or read food blogs, and chances are you'll see posts about this restaurant. After reading so many raves about this place, I've been dying to make a visit. We even went there one Sunday without knowing that they close early on that day so Martin taking me there on our anniversary was definitely a great surprise. 






I love how rustic and homey the place feels because of the wood furniture, tin can style utensil holder, wine bottle water dispenser and wall art but at the same time it's also very modern because of the floor to ceiling glass walls and minimalist interior design. It's like a fancy fine dining restaurant meets cozy neighborhood cafe! 


I'm one happy girl!


Their baked goods display feels like temptation calling out your name.


I love menus written on chalkboards in restaurants, and being a coffee lover, that coffee art on the wall definitely made me all giddy.


I had one of their best-sellers -- Steak and Eggs. Flat iron steak on a bed of kimchi fried rice topped with a poached egg. Most of the posts I've seen about Wildflour are usually pictures of this big bowl of orange rice. I can't blame them. This dish isn't only pretty, it's also delicious! The steak was very tender and the creamy egg yolk running all over the fried rice balances out the spiciness of the kimchi. 


Martin also wanted to have the steak and eggs (yes, it's that irresistible) but since I already ordered that, he went for another best seller -- Cripsy Duck Confit. True to its name, the skin on the duck was so crispy while still keeping the meat juicy. Duck can be a bit fatty so the freshness of the fuji apple slaw was a great contrast. It was so good Martin was trying to get every last strand of meat off the bone.


Just as our bellies were full, the night was filled with laughter as we reminisced the past year we've spent together. It's been an amazing year and it was only fitting to celebrate it with an equally wonderful evening. 

Thank you, Martin, for making me so happy that day just as you always have for the past year now.

No comments:

Post a Comment