Instagram

September 25, 2013

The Anatomy of a Bibimbap


"Now that is a thing of beauty!"

That's exactly what I said when this gorgeous bowl of food was served on our table. Bibimbap is my favorite Korean dish and just by looking at it, you probably get why. It looks too good to eat! This colorful dish has a lot of components so I thought I'd break it down for you. I like getting my Bibimbap fix at Tokyo Bubble Tea. It's ironic that my favorite Bibimbap place is a Japanese restaurant but I don't care, it's so good! 


There are different variations but basically it's a big bowl of white rice topped with vegetables, beef, and egg. Though there are many versions, the Bibimbap in Bubble Tea has vegetables that are commonly used for this dish such as spinach, soy bean sprouts, mushrooms, zucchini and carrots, garnished with sesame seeds. 

Now what makes this dish special is the chili pepper paste that gives it a spicy kick. Korean dishes are known for their sweet-salty-spicy taste, and Bibimbap is a perfect example of that flavor combination.


Bibimbap literally means 'mixed rice' so you obviously have to mix everything together before you eat it. 


Once everything is mixed, all of the flavors come together making for this beautiful bowl of food. Just grab your chopsticks and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment