Instagram

September 13, 2013

Cronut Craving


I've been craving for a cronut since yesterday. As much as I've tried to stick to a healthy diet, I gave in to my craving today.

For those of you wondering what a cronut is, if a croissant and a doughnut had a kid, that's basically what this pastry is. It's a croissant-doughnut hybrid hence, the name. The dough is similar to that of a croissant but it's shaped and fried like doughnut. And as if that's not enough to make you want to sink your teeth into this crisp and flaky pastry, it also has a vanilla cream filling. Now you know why I've been trying to avoid this sinful treat.

There are several stores that sell these but I got my cronut fix at Le Coeur de France (they call their product croughnut). They have three variants: Double Belgian Chocolate, Mixed Berries with Cream Cheese and Parmesan Cheese. I chose the Parmesan because I like how the saltiness of the cheese contrasts with the sweetness of the cream (and simply because I love cheese). 

As much as many of us want to eat healthier, it's okay to give in to our cravings once in a while as long as you eat in moderation. When we deprive ourselves of our cravings, we sometimes just end up mindlessly eating more because we don't feel satisfied until we've eaten what we originally wanted. Even supermodel Miranda Kerr lives by the "eighty percent healthy, twenty percent indulgent" rule when it comes to her eating habits. So go ahead, indulge a little and have a cronut! It's definitely a twenty percent well-spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment