Instagram

September 2, 2013

Soft Side





When it comes to my personality, I can't really say that I'm a girly girl. However, there are days when I do like getting in touch with my feminine side. 

An easy way to achieve a feminine look is to think light -- that goes for both color and material.

Aside from the usual pastel colors, beige and cream are perfect for achieving a soft, feminine look. Go for a monochromatic color scheme if you want to look more put together.

 It was pretty hot that day so I wore a thin white top and paired it with a short, cream-colored skirt. Girly looks usually involve fabrics with movement. Imagine skirts that have a tendency to be blown by the wind (just make sure that actually doesn't happen). For my accessories, I basically kept my watch and bag coherent with my color scheme and wore simple, nude strappy heels. 

At this day and age when it's easy for women to go for jeans as an everyday look, it's nice to channel your softer side once in a while. 

Plains and Prints top
Liberte skirt 
VNC heels
Nine West bag

No comments:

Post a Comment