Instagram

September 8, 2013

Goodles

Having your office in a mall has its perks. For one, you have a wide variety of restaurants to choose from come lunch time. In my case however, despite the many lunch options, I've been finding myself going back to the same place all the time.


Goodles is the Philippines' first pasta-to-go-concept store. I love pasta which is why my standards are very high when it comes to it. One of my all time food pet peeves is when pasta is overcooked. Pasta should be cooked al dente (literally 'to the tooth') which means it should still be firm and not soggy. Goodles cooks their pasta perfectly and you can definitely tell that their food is cooked fresh using quality ingredients. 


An Instagram post of me having lunch at Goodles.


One of my favorites is the Pumpkin Cream Penne. I love creamy pasta sauces but they can be too rich. Adding pumpkin makes this sauce absolutely creamy without making you feel too guilty (plus, pumpkin is good for your eyes!). The ground sausage also works so well with the pumpkin flavor, making this a hearty meal. 


Another favorite of mine is the Pesto Cream. Yes, I know, cream again. I told you I like creamy pastas. I like pesto sauce alone but adding cream to it just makes it more decadent. In Goodles, you have the option of adding chicken, shrimp or mushrooms to your pasta. I usually like my pasta with meat but this dish is so flavorful that I actually just eat it plain. If all no meat dishes tasted this good, I wouldn't be surprised if I turned vegetarian! 


Their pastas are served with a toasty garlic bread. They're serving size is also big that most of the time I can't finish one order. It's a good thing they're served in tubs which makes having it to-go very convenient.


I love Goodles so much it's been my go-to place every lunch time. I'd seriously eat here everyday if only I wasn't watching my carbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment