Instagram

July 4, 2014

Bite Size: Pho Hoa's Flank,Tendon and Meatballs Pho


Gray skies and rain showers seem to be making more appearances these days as we enter the rainy season, and one of my favorite comfort food during rainy days is a big, steaming bowl of noodles. With so many different versions of noodle dishes (ramen, laksa, etc.), my all-time favorite has to be Pho which is Vietnamese Noodle Soup. 




While I haven't quite checked "Go to Vietnam and eat authentic Pho." off my bucket list, Pho Hoa is the closest thing I can get to the real deal whenever I need some noodle fix. My favorite Pho from Pho Hoa is the one with Flank, Tendon and Meatballs. I'm not sure what it's called but I literally order the exact same thing every time I'm there that I don't even need to look at the menu anymore. I just order the "Number 50" since their menu items are numbered. 

What I love about Pho is how light and delicate the dish is (from the broth to the rice noodles) while still being very flavorful. The combination of meats really add a wonderful variety of flavors and textures to the broth -- the tender flank is meaty, the meatballs are firm and chewy, and the tendon adds a lot of flavor. 

However, what makes Pho different from other noodles is the addition of basil, bean sprouts and lemon/lime juice which gives that unique, fresh flavor that you won't get from other beef noodles. And to top it all off, you can add some hoisin sauce for a sweet-salty flavor combination, and some sriracha hot sauce (which I love) for a spicy kick. 

With all of these elements and flavors combined, it's no wonder why I'm willing to go to another country one day just to eat a bowl of noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment