Instagram

July 22, 2014

Bite Size: Tea Rock Cafe's Beef Noodle Soup


It's very hard for me to resist a big bowl of noodles. So much so that even though I was technically at a milk tea place, I still ordered beef noodles (Seriously, who orders noodles at a tea place?). Anyway, lucky for me, the Beef Noodle Soup at Tea Rock Cafe was surprisingly really good!


I was once with my Dad and sister in the Banawe area when my sister wanted to have milk tea at Tea Rock Cafe. I already blogged about their drinks before (which you can read here), but I haven't tried any of their food. It was already pretty late and we haven't had lunch yet so I decided to order their Beef Noodle Soup. To be honest, I didn't have very high expectations for this noodles because they're known more for their drinks, but I just really needed something to fill the tank. As I mentioned earlier, I was pleasantly surprised that this dish was restaurant quality!

First off, the serving was huge! It's good enough for two people. The noodles were thick and chewy, and the generous portion of beef was very tender. It even had some marbleisation and tendons which made the broth very flavorful. The broth has a hint of sweetness to it. If you're familiar with the Filipino dish Pares, it has the same sweet-salty flavor combination as that. 

The next time you're grabbing milk tea at Tea Rock Cafe, and you want a hearty meal to go with it, their Beef Noodle Soup will definitely do more than satisfy your hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment