Instagram

July 29, 2014

Den in the Kitchen: Using my French Press


I'm very passionate about drinking coffee. I honestly couldn't last a day without drinking at least a cup. As much as I appreciate the craft of making really good coffee, I am guilty of drinking instant coffee (there are good ones out in the market) on most days just because it's so much easier to make. While we do have a coffee maker, I'm usually (try all the time) too lazy to use it. However, ever since I got myself a French Press, I've been finding it so much easier to enjoy brewed coffee. It's so simple to use and clean, and it's not even that expensive.


When I use my French Press, I just put two heaping tablespoons of ground coffee for every 6 oz. (about a cup) of water. After putting in your coffee, just pour in your boiling water.


Let it sit for about 4 minutes. Do not push down the plunger yet during the steeping process. After 4 minutes, push down the plunger to separate the coffee grounds from the liquid. 


Then, just pour your coffee into your favorite mug, add cream and sugar (if desired), and enjoy!


For tea drinkers, you can also use a french press for loose leaf teas. Now, I'm not gonna lie, I still usually drink instant coffee at home, but it's nice to know that when I want some brewed coffee, I don't have to whip out my big coffee machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment