Instagram

July 24, 2014

Antiteasis: Books and Brews Part II


When I love a certain restaurant or food place, I definitely come back to it. One of those places for me has to be Antiteasis Books & Brews. My boyfriend, Martin, and I love it so much that we've gone back there several times, and even brought family and friends along. Since my first post on Antiteasis was a big hit with you guys (you can read it here), I thought I'd do another one and share a couple of new drinks I've tried and liked.


Antiteasis is obviously a tea place but their smoothies are also a must-try! If tea is... not your cup of tea, then try their Apple Basil Smoothie (pictured above)! It may seem like a weird combination but it's awesome! It has a fruity taste from the apple, but the basil gives it an earthy flavor. The closest taste we can think of to compare it with is the fruit, siniguelas. It's so refreshing and such a unique drink. If you're a little less adventurous, you can go for their Banana Cinnamon Smoothie which I've also tried and is just as delicious. 

In my first post, I talked about how yummy their cinnamon mini donut is. On my next visits, I was able to try their lemon mini donut and the only thing I can say about it is that I wish it came in a regular donut size because it was so good! The flavor reminded me of a lemon square minus the guilt of eating sweets because it's not as rich. 


A tea that I wasn't sure if I was gonna love is the Pukka Love tea (just throwing in as many puns as I can in this post). It's basically a rose and lavender flavored tea. Now, I love rose and lavender scents but I'm not very fond of floral flavors when it comes to my drinks (like Jasmine tea) so I was hesitant to order this. However, it seemed too interesting not to try so I did. It's mostly sweet, and you still get a hint of the floral flavor but it's so subtle that it didn't bother me at all. It doesn't taste like you're eating flowers. It's definitely one of those love at first sip moments.

If you're in the Maginhawa area, definitely check out Antiteasis: Books and Brews, and soon enough, you'll be raving about it just as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment