Instagram

August 28, 2014

Coffee Splurge


One of the things I love about small towns is the fact that everyone seems to know each other. Imagine walking into a coffee shop, bumping into your classmate or neighbor, and having a friendly chat with them. It's something we seldom experience in the city, but in quaint towns such as Cardona, Rizal, the neighborhood cafe feel is still very much alive.


Tucked away in Mckenzie's Hall in Cardona is Coffee Splurge, which is a cozy cafe where people come to grab a bite, or simply to hangout with friends over coffee.

Unlike other coffee shops, Coffee Splurge offers All Day Breakfast which got me all excited because who doesn't love breakfast food? They serve up different kinds of -silog, but the one I liked the most was their Tapsilog (P90). I like how their tapa has more of the vinegary flavor rather than sweet. If a light lunch is more of what you're looking for, then their pasta dishes such as the Grilled Chicken Pesto (P130) is a great option. However, if you're simply hanging out with friends, then their Taco Salad (P115) is the perfect finger food to munch on while catching up. It's a huge serving of crunchy taco shells loaded with fresh cabbage, tomatoes, ground beef, and drizzled with melted cheese. I honestly couldn't stop eating this when I was there.

For dessert, they have various cakes and pastries to choose from but we had their Pistachio Muffins. I like how they weren't too sweet so that you can taste more of the pistachio flavor. They also have a wide range of drinks to choose from (coffees, frappes, non-coffee, coolers and juices), but being the coffee lover that I am, I had their Caramel Macchiato (P130) which was served in this really cool tall glass.

If you ever find yourself in Cardona, chill out over coffee and sweets at Coffee Splurge! 

Coffee Splurge
Mckenzie's Hall,
Cardona, Rizal

Disclaimer: I was invited to try Coffee Splurge but all opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment