Instagram

August 19, 2014

Den in the Kitchen: Penne al Pesto


My boyfriend, Martin, recently came over to our house, and I thought it would be nice to cook him some lunch. As they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. He's not a big fan of meat so I had to think of a vegetarian dish. Since I love pesto, I cooked some Penne al Pesto. He doesn't like meat, I like pesto, it's a win-win situation.


Pesto seems like a sophisticated sauce but it's unbelievably easy to make that I decided to share with you a rough guide of my version of this pasta dish.

Ingredients:
Fresh Basil
Peanuts
Olive Oil
Garlic
Mushrooms
Penne Pasta
Salt
Pepper

1. Cook the penne until al dente. This usually takes about 8-10 minutes.

2. While your pasta is cooking, you can already make the sauce. Combine basil, peanuts, garlic and olive oil in a blender and blend until it forms into a paste-like consistency. 

3. In a pan, sauté some mushrooms in olive oil. You can also add some chicken if you want some meat in your pasta.

4. Add the cooked pasta to the mushrooms.

5. Pour the pesto sauce on the pasta, and stir until combined.

6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

7. Plate, and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.

8. Serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment