Instagram

March 2, 2014

GoodFellas Steaks and Burgers


"As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster." -Henry Hill, GoodFellas (1990)

It might seem as a surprise to many that as girly as I am, I love gangster and mob films. You could probably blame it to having watched "The Godfather" trilogy at such a young age but I just love watching well-dressed, quick-witted men with guns. Which is why you could imagine how excited I got when I found a gangster movie-themed restaurant. 




GoodFellas Steaks and Burgers serves American comfort food that are good enough for Don Corleone himself. Many of the famous gangster movie scenes occurred in restaurants, and the dark, masculine interiors of the place make you feel like you're about to meet someone to "...make him an offer he can't refuse."  





The walls are adorned with framed screenshots from famous gangster movies. Funny how after I took pictures for my blog, my boyfriend said, "Why were you smiling? You saw the picture of Al Pacino?" I had no idea I was unconsciously smiling while taking the pictures! But c'mon, it's Al Pacino in The Godfather. Could you blame me? 



Just when I thought I could finally calm myself down from all the gangster movie excitement, I open up the menu, and I find that the dishes are named after movie characters!


In the famous words of Tony Montana in Scarface, "Say hello to my little friend." My little friend happens to be the GoodFellas House Steak -- USDA Choice Angus Beef served with mashed potato, corn and carrots, and gravy. Once you try this meat, you'll know that what you're paying for is definitely the quality of the beef. I like how juicy the meat it while still being firm. It's not the melt-in-your-mouth soft kind of steak which is completely fine with me because, you know, can you imagine Robert De Niro eating a soft piece of steak? The meat is barely seasoned so that you can really taste the natural flavor of the beef. When you first take a bite of it, what will instantly hit you is its charred flavor from the grill which I love. Flavor-wise, I've had tastier steaks but in terms of the quality of the beef, this is no doubt top-notch. 


Martin had the Margherita Burger. Judging from our orders, you can definitely tell who's more gangster between the two of us. Kidding aside, this burger is actually also quite something. If you follow my blog, you know how much I love pesto and cheese. Fresh pesto and ooey, gooey, stringy melted cheese together are like Bonnie and Clyde to me. Put that on top of a juicy, tasty, thick burger patty sandwiched in between toasty oatmeal buns. Seriously, it was so good that if I ever go broke, I might just have to rob a bank just to get my hands on this thing again.

GoodFellas Steaks and Burgers is definitely a must-try. Trust me. In the words of Tony Montana in Scarface, "I always tell the truth. Even when I lie."


(Disclamer: I only like gangster movies. In no way do I encourage crimes and violence of any kind). 

No comments:

Post a Comment