Instagram

March 24, 2014

Theo & Philo Dark Chocolate with Green Mango & Sea Salt


I'm not a big chocolate lover but whenever I do crave for some, I always go for dark chocolate since it is healthier than milk chocolate. I recently discovered an artisan chocolate brand that makes high quality chocolate. The best part is that it's "the only bean to bar chocolate from the Philippines."


I've heard of Theo & Philo Artisan Chocolates for a while now, and I've been wanting to try it but I never really bothered to find out where to get it. Recently, my boyfriend got some for me at the Human Nature store without knowing that I was on the hunt for this. To be honest, since I'm not really a sweet tooth, what excited me about this was that it's locally produced (cacao is from Davao, sugar is from Bacolod), and its gorgeous packaging. Seriously, I feel like I'd buy these chocolates just to stare at them. Luckily, they don't only look beautiful but they taste great as well.

Martin got me the Dark Chocolate with Green Mango and Sea Salt. You can tell it's high quality chocolate because you can still taste the bitterness of the cacao. I like that it's not too sweet since it's made out of 65% cacao which makes it healthier compared to sugar loaded commercial chocolates. You can definitely see and taste the green mango bits, and it adds a nice chewiness in every bite. I also love the contrast of the sour, fruity mango with the rich, semi-sweet chocolate. 

  Aside from this, they have so many other interesting flavors to choose from. Some unique flavors that I'd definitely love to try in the future are the labuyo (chili) and adobo. 

I'm always so happy whenever I find local products that are well-made and well-thought of. Theo & Philo is proof that when you put together quality Filipino ingredients and ingenuity, we can actually make products that are just as good (if not better) than imported ones. Now, that's something sweet to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment