Instagram

March 8, 2014

Sweet Ecstacy


"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours..."

 Formerly simply a place where one could buy Marikina shoes, Cubao X has now become a go-to place for vintage novelty shopping during the day, and hipster drinking joints at night. However, I wasn't there for vinyl records or 70's Coca-Cola bottles. I was there for the food.








Sweet Ecstacy is a hole-in-the-wall kind of restaurant that's famous for their burgers and milkshakes in Cubao X. The red and white interiors, leather sofas, and vintage-looking posters give off a casual American diner experience. It's funny how from afar the posters look like authentic vintage ones (considering the fact that we are in the vintage haven, Cubao X) but if you look closer, they're actually all burger and milkshake-themed, produced specifically for Sweet Ecstacy.  



Their menu is simple and straight to the point which I like. You want a burger? It's just a choice between a hamburger, cheeseburger or the double. None of those stack-whatever-artery-clogging-topping-you-can-think-of burgers. They just serve honest-to-goodness, delicious burgers. 

As simple as their burgers are, they however, get creative with their milkshakes. Of course, you have your classics like Vanilla and Chocolate, but they're also on-trend with flavors like Salted Caramel and Speculoos Cookie Butter. They even have alcohol-infused milkshakes!



Naturally, I went for their Cheeseburger because any chance I can have cheese on my food, I do. They say they're "making burgers awesome" and they certainly are. The picture doesn't do it justice but the beef patty was so meaty and juicy! I like how their burgers only come with the standard lettuce and tomatoes (onions are optional) because you really get to taste how delicious the patty is. The X on top of the bun is also a very cool touch. X marks the spot! Or should I say, hits the spot. 


For my milkshake, I had the Salted Caramel. I'm not really a fan of milkshakes (or sweet, sugary drinks in general) but I'd say this was a really good milkshake. It was so thick, rich and creamy, and they definitely didn't skimp on the caramel. I like the salty and sweet flavor contrast. If you love milkshakes, then this will definitely be ecstacy to you. 

I was thinking of a good intro for this blog post, and I couldn't resist going for the most cliche and dated milkshake-related quotation I could think of. But thinking about it, Cubao X isn't a place I normally go to, and yet I found myself there just to have a taste of Sweet Ecstacy. I guess their milkshake (and burgers) does bring all the boys to the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment