Instagram

March 1, 2014

Everyday Cheek Products


As a teenager, one of the first make up products I owned (aside from the basics like powder and lip balm) was blush. That probably explains why cheek products are such a staple in my everyday make up routine. Sometimes, I would go out of the house without any lip product, but blush and bronzer are always a must. Since I love my cheek products so much, I thought I'd share with you the ones I use everyday.



NYX Matte Bronzer (02 Deep)
A lot of bronzers tend to be orange (and who wants to look orange) but this one is great because it's just really more of a brown powder. Since it’s matte, it’s really made for contouring the face. It's also very buildable so you can use it whether you just want to add a little color to your face or for some hardcore contouring. I have a pretty round face so bronzer has become one of my best friends. 

I use it on the hollows of my cheeks, temples and jaw line. I also put some on the sides of my nose to contour, and ever since I started using this bronzer, I literally had people asking me if I've had my nose done (Uhmm... I guess I'll take it as a compliment?). Anyway, it definitely gives you that instant I-just-lost-five-pounds look.


In line with my round face situation, I find that darker blushes work better on me. Not only does it add color to my face, but it also slims down my cheeks. This blush has a dusty rose color which makes it a wearable shade from day to night.  The texture is very buttery, it’s easy to apply, and is pretty long wearing throughout the day. I love this blush so much that I actually don’t find myself too attracted to other blushes when I’m shopping for make up because I feel like it’s going to be hard to find something better.

And of course, how can we not talk about the packaging? I love the sort of modern pin-up girl feel of the design that's a signature feature for theBalm products. It's also very compact and light-weight which makes it very handy to carry in your purse everyday.




What are your favorite cheek products?

No comments:

Post a Comment