Instagram

April 3, 2014

Bite Size: The Chocolate Kiss Cafe's Chicken Kiev



Back in college, when my friends and I wanted to get away for a while from the stress of school work, we would usually find ourselves in The Chocolate Kiss Cafe at the U.P. Bahay ng Alumni, stuffing our face with carbs and cake. Talk about stress-eating! Anyway, my all time comfort food back then was their Chicken Kiev. It was pretty much what I always ordered whenever we were there that I could practically say "the usual," and the waiter would know what I wanted. It's been a year or two since I was last at The Choco Kiss Cafe in U.P. which is why I got so excited when I was finally able to have a taste of this beloved dish again at their Roces branch.

Chicken Kiev is basically a roulade of chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese, butter and herbs. You can have it with rice but mashed potato goes way better with it. And of course, no chicken or mashed potato is complete without some thick, rich gravy. First of all, what's not to love about this dish? Chicken, cream cheese, herbs, mashed potato, gravy -- all universally loved flavors. The chicken is so tender and the crust provides a nice crunch for some texture variation. The filling is so creamy, and the herbs provide just the right amount of flavor without being too overpowering. Can't say nothing bad about the mashed potatoes too. Let me tell you, when that tangy cream cheese mixes with the savory gravy, it just tastes so good that I would swim in it if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment