Instagram

April 30, 2014

Devil's Food Cake


Just when I thought one surprise (read about my birthday celebration here) was enough for my birthday, I came home to one of my all time favorite cakes – Devil’s Food Cake from The Chocolate Kiss Cafe – from my Dad and sister. You could just imagine how happy I was!

The chocolate cake is so rich and moist, and I love how it has just the right amount of sweetness. It’s one of the few cakes that I personally think is on point with its sweetness level. It’s as if it was made that way so you could have more! As if the cake isn’t good enough on its own already, it also has a fudgy chocolate filling in between the cake. However, the best part of this cake has to be the icing. It’s made of marshmallows! I love marshmallows so much I literally sometimes wish I could live in a world of marshmallows. Imagine if everything was as soft and fluffy as a marshmallow -- the world would be so cute! Anyway, going back to the cake, the marshmallow icing is so light and fluffy, and I love the gooey consistency. It just makes it so much more fun to eat. It looks like it’s very sweet but it’s not at all. It’s literally like eating softened marshmallow.

I honestly don’t know why it’s called Devil’s Food Cake when this cake is definitely more heavenly than sinful to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment