Instagram

April 15, 2014

GoodFellas Steaks and Burgers Part 2


My high school friends and I recently met up for a long overdue get-together. When we were talking about where to meet, my friend Sarah, suggested that we try one of the restaurants that I've blogged about. (Phew! At least I know someone reads my blog.) I suggested they try GoodFellas Steaks and Burgers (you can read my first blog post about it here) since it's the nearest to where we'd all be coming from. My friend, Jo, is also a big fan of this place so she highly recommended it.

I had Carlito's Way (cover photo) which is Angus beef tenderloin salpicao sauteed in olive oil with lots of garlic and button mushrooms served with garlic rice. I'm such a big fan of the beef and garlic combo so this dish was right up my alley. The serving was generous that I didn't even get to finish this. The beef was top quality -- very tender while still having a bite to it. I also love mushrooms which go perfectly with the beef and garlic.


Jo wanted us to try one of her favorite dishes from this place which is the Moe Green Special (shout out to you if you know from what movie Moe Green's character is) so we ordered one for sharing. It's Italian basil pesto sauce topped with grilled chicken. It's your classic pesto pasta which I can't say anything bad about. I liked how creamy the sauce is even though it's not actually a pesto cream sauce. The chicken was juicy and tender, and I love the charred flavor. You can tell it was definitely grilled and the smokey flavor goes well with the pasta.

I love how everything I've tried from this restaurant tastes so good as compared to others where the only thing that's good is what they specialize in. I don't think there's anything in GoodFellas Steaks and Burgers' menu that I wouldn't want to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment