Instagram

May 3, 2014

BonChon Salads


Everyone knows BonChon chicken is delicious, but have you tried their salads? If you haven’t, you definitely should. Whenever I want a light lunch, I usually go for their salads. What I love about them is that their vegetables are always so fresh (Trust me, I’ve had a lot.). Not once have I ever been served veggies that weren’t fresh and crisp. Also, even though they're just salads, they are surprisingly filling which of course, is a good thing. They have two kinds – Oriental Crispy Chicken Salad and Caesar Salad.

Oriental Crispy Chicken Salad
If you want something with an Asian flavor, go for the Oriental Crispy Chicken Salad (cover photo). It has romaine lettuce, carrots, tofu, crispy tortilla strips, sesame seeds, and chicken, served with a sweet, gingery vinaigrette. For some reason, I love everything that’s in this salad. The lettuce is always fresh and crisp, and the carrots add a subtle sweetness. I also love the tofu because it’s a healthy source of protein. Probably my favorite ingredient in this salad is the crispy tortilla strips because it adds a nice crunch to every bite. I usually don’t like Asian dressings because I’m not fond of sweet flavors but surprisingly, I really like this one. It’s not too sweet and the ginger flavor isn’t too strong. The sesame seeds also go well with the dressing, and really give it an Asian flavor.


Caesar Salad
Something more classic would be the Caesar Salad. As traditional as this salad goes, there are still some restaurants that manage to serve really bad versions of it. Fortunately, for a fastfood chain, BonChon actually does it quite well. As I said earlier, the lettuce is always fresh, and the croutons are always crunchy. The Caesar dressing is rich and thick, not too salty, and is very peppery which is good because it adds some spice and an extra layer of flavor to such a simple dish. The Parmesan cheese also adds some saltiness and texture to the dish. The chicken is an add-on and I highly recommend that you have it because it goes well with the salad. In true BonChon fashion, the chicken in their salads are always tasty, crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

The next time you're in BonChon, and you want something light and healthy, definitely try their salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment