Instagram

May 12, 2014

Big Better Burgers


I've done a lot of burger posts on this blog, but for some reason, I haven't blogged about my favorite go-to burger. A lot of the burger joints I've blogged about are ones I've tried out of curiosity, but there's one that I've literally been eating at at least once a week because it's so darn good (and because of its proximity to my workplace)! I'm talking about Big Better Burgers.

Big Better Burgers aren't joking around when they say their burgers are better. They use lean meat for their patties which is why you don't get the disgusting stuffed feeling you get from eating greasy burgers (especially, fast food ones). I love how charred the patty is on the outside, but it's super moist and juicy inside. It's perfectly seasoned --very tasty without taking away from the natural flavor of the beef. 

Their classic burger is the BBB (cover photo). It's their signature beef patty served with lettuce, tomato and mayo. You'll really be able to taste how delicious their patty is with this. Even the bun is so good, I would eat the bread on its own if I could. It's perfect if you want something simple, but will really hit the spot.


If you want something more flavorful, they have so many other variants to choose from. One of their best-sellers, and my personal favorite is the Hahalapeño. The burger is served with lettuce, cheese, and a salsa-like mix of tomatoes, onions and jalapeños. I love jalapeños whenever I have it in Mexican dishes, but I've never thought of putting it in a burger. The idea is genius! It gives just the right amount of heat and spice to the burger. The salsa really adds a nice freshness to the dish!


Aside from the typical burgers, they were able to think of other dishes to utilize their amazing patty. They also have pasta dishes served with "meatballs" which are made from the same burger patty. My favorite is the Pesto Sauce Pasta which I already featured in my healthy lunch blog post (which you can read here). The pasta is al dente, and the basil pesto sauce is so fresh and delicious. I also love the crunch from the nuts and the saltiness from the Parmesan cheese.


They also have rice plates which are served on a sizzling platter. It's such a good idea because it keeps the meat warm, and adds an additional char to the burger. The rice is topped with spring onions, corn and pepper. I love how the corn adds a little bit of crunch and sweetness to the dish, and the pepper gives it a little bit of spiciness. My favorite is the Salpicao Rice because it has toasted garlic and gravy which works so well with beef. I've also tried the Bistro Rice which is pretty much the same but it has mushrooms instead of the garlic.

Normally, I only order what a restaurant specializes in. I wouldn't order a rice dish or a pasta dish from a burger place, but with Big Better Burger, all of their dishes just seems to be bigger and better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment