Instagram

May 21, 2014

Swensen's Ice Cream


On days when you feel like you're practically melting from the summer heat, a tall glass of ice cream is in order to cool you down.






One hot summer day, I was lucky enough to be invited to the opening Swensen's Ice Cream's newest branch in SM The Block. The company is originally from San Francisco, and has been serving up ice cream since 1948. Fortunately, we didn't have to travel all the way to the States to have a taste of their ice cream! After the ribbon cutting, we were able to sample their mouth-watering ice cream creations!


Gold Rush is chocolate and coffee ice cream topped with caramel and hot fudge. I liked the bold flavor of their coffee ice cream.


The Chocolate Ring-A-Ding is chocolate ice cream with hot fudge and brownies. My favorite part was the middle because it seemed to have a cookies and cream-flavored ice cream.


Oreo Brownie is a crispy waffle basket served with chunky brownies, Oreo cookies, and banana topped with almonds and chocolate sauce. I liked how sweet and crunchy the waffle basket is, and how the brownies were moist and chewy in contrast to the creamy texture of the ice cream. 


 Nutty Crispy Tower is Macadamia and Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream with caramel, almonds and praline. This was one of my favorites because you can really taste the nutty flavor in the ice cream.


My order was the Coffee Mocha Almond which is coffee and nuts ice creams with hot fudge, caramel, and almonds. I love coffee and caramel together so this was right up my alley. I also love the crunch of the almonds.

Beat the summer heat with some Swensen's Ice Cream!


Disclaimer: I was invited to the grand opening of Swensen's Ice Cream in SM The Block but all opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment