Instagram

May 7, 2014

Summer Cheeks


While a lot of people are already planning their beach getaway this summer (or have already gone to), I am unfortunately stuck here in the city. However, just because I can’t go to the beach doesn’t mean I can’t have a bronzed summer look. I already blogged about my staple cheek products (which you can read here) but I’ve recently switched my dark pink and matte bronzer for something more fun.


theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer
Summer is all about looking like a bronzed goddess, and while I don’t plan on getting myself a full-on tan, I like using a little bit of shimmery bronzer to help me fake a sun-kissed look (even though I’m stuck indoors on most days). I like theBalm’s Betty Lou-manizer because it has shimmer but the texture is very fine. It doesn’t have big chunks of glitter than can make you look like a disco ball. The formula is so buttery, and it has a beautiful golden bronzed color that will not make you look orange. I wouldn’t recommend using this to contour your cheeks since it is shimmery. Instead, I usually apply this on the high points of my cheeks, and since it’s also a highlighter, it does such a good job reflecting the light on your face creating the illusion of higher cheekbones.

theBalm Fratboy
The weather has been so hot lately that one can actually simply rely on their natural flush for some color on their cheeks. However, when I do apply some blush, I use theBalm’s Fratboy. It’s one of their signature blushes that practically every beauty blogger/vlogger has. I’ve been wanting to get it for so long, and I finally did since I figured I’d be getting a lot of use out of it this summer. True enough, it hasn’t left my cheeks since I bought it. Like the bronzer, it’s also very buttery and easy to blend. It’s a gorgeous light peachy pink that just really warms up your face when you apply it.

Just because you’re not at the beach doesn’t mean you can’t have a summer glow!

No comments:

Post a Comment